Creating a Desktop Icon to Client Handouts
The instructions below describe how to create a web page shortcut on your desktop to Client Handouts:
Note: These instructions apply only to computers running Microsoft Windows.
- Click on this link: CreateClientHandoutsShortcut.exe
- You will possibly receive one or more warnings about downloading software off the internet. Those can be dismissed.
- Your web browser may ask which folder on your computer to save the downloaded file into. Or it may immediately save the file in your 'Downloads' folder. If asked, choose 'Downloads'.
- Open up the 'Downloads' folder on your computer and double-click on "CreateClientHandoutsShortcut.exe".
- If you receive a message 'Windows protected your PC' please click on the 'More Info' link in that dialogue box and you can then select the 'Run Anyway' button to continue.
- Hide your browser window. You'll now see a new icon on your desktop called "Client Handouts". You may also see a black console window with the word "Done" in it - you may close this at any time.
- Click on the new 'Client Handouts' icon. It will launch your web browser and either bring you to the Client Handouts login page or, if you're already logged in, the Client Handouts Catalog.
- You may delete the 'CreateClientHandoutsShortcut.exe' file from your Downloads folder when you are through.
The exact steps necessary to download and run the 'CreateClientHandoutsShortcut.exe' file may vary slightly depending on your setup. Please feel free to contact Tax Materials if you need any assistance.
Back to Login Page